Best Plant Protein Green Smoothie
¾ – 1 cup cashew milk
handful of spinach
small pinch of fresh parsley
1 Tbs maca
¾ cup of mixed dark berries
2 scoops of vegan vanilla protein powder (I love Arbonne’s Vanilla it is hands down the best!)
1 Tbs cashew butter (Artisiana)or ½ avocado
2 Tbs cacao nips
Blend and drink!
Sweet Potato Black bean Enchiladas ( Thugs Kitchen)
2 ¼ cups veggie broth
½ cup tomato paste
2 ½ tblsp chili powder
2 teasp ground cumin
1 ½ tesp dried oregano
2 -3 cloves garlic
2 tesp aminos , soy sauce or tamari
1 tblsp lime juice
1 large sweet potato chopped
2 teaspoon olive oil
½ yellow onion
1 medium yellow squash grated about 1 cup
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
2 cloves garlic
1 ½ cup cooked black beans
1 tsp maple syrup or agave
Combine all ingreds from sauce list, except lime juice into a saucepan. Whisk together. Simmer 10-15 mins, sauce should thicken. Add the lime juice and turn off heat. Let it cool.
Now steam the chopped sweet potato in pan for about 10 mins. Once steamed to a soft texture place in bowl, and mash roughly. Leaving some chunks.
While the potatoes are steaming sauté, in oil the onions until they start to brown. Toss in squash, and cook for another few minutes. (3-5) Add chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic and black beans. Cook together for another 2-3 mins. Then fold in the mashed sweet potatoes and maple syrup and turn off heat. Mix untitl all combined.
Cover the bottom of oven dish with some of the sauce, then using a griddle warm the corn tortilla, place a spoonful of the sweet potato mix in the center and fold over place in dish with seam side down. Continue until all the filling is used up. Cover with the remaining sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake in 375 oven for 20 mins. Remove and let cool for a min or w and top with some sliced avos, and chopped cilantro.
Breakfast Scramble * Variation on this recipe
1 medium red onion diced can include “vege sausage
1 medium red bell pepper diced patties. Sliced or crumbled in
1 green bell pepper diced and or breakfast potatoes. All
½ block of extra firm tofu recipes are below. Also just put all
2 cups mushrooms sliced ingredients in bowl and top w/ Avo!
1 cup packed spinach or kale, stems removed *For most calorie dense option I
salt to taste do all three and have them in
½ teaspoon black pepper burrito form the rest of the w
1 ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika week.
¼ teaspoon cayenne or to taste
3 cloves of garlic minced
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce or Braggs Aminos
Place onion, red and green pepper, mushrooms into medium skillet and sauté over medium high heat or until onion is translucent. To keep them from sticking you can add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water or veg broth/stock to sauté).
Add the salt, blk pepper, turmeric, cayenne, garlic, soy sauce, and yeast to the pan and cook for 5 minutes more or until hot and fragrant.
Plant Powered Cobb Salad (Kitchen Sink Salad)
8 oz. Baby Lettuce Mix
- 4 oz. Butter Lettuce, 1” pieces
- 3 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette*
- 1/2 tsp. Whole-Grain Mustard*
- 3 oz. Quinoa, cooked
- 1 Tbl. Marcona Almonds, chopped 1/4”
- 1 Tbl. Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ea. Avocado, 1/2” pieces
- 4 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 oz. Garbanzo Beans, cooked
- 3 oz. Cucumbers, 1/2″ pieces
- 3 oz. Red Beets, cooked, 1/2” pieces
- 2 oz. Green Beans, blanched, 1/2” pieces
- 2 oz. Asparagus, blanched, 1/2” pieces
- 2 oz. Champagne Vinaigrette*
- Place the baby and butter lettuces into a mixing bowl. Combine the balsamic vinaigrette and whole grain mustard. Pour the dressing into the bowl and gently toss the ingredients together. Place equal amounts of the lettuce mixture into two chilled salad bowls.
- Place the quinoa, Marcona almonds and sunflower seeds into a clean a mixing bowl. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss ingredients together.
- Place equal amounts of the quinoa mixture and all other remaining ingredients side-by-side (in rows) over each salad.
- Pour a little more balsamic vinaigrette evenly over each salad.